Electronic Visit Verification EVV for your Homecare Agency
Electronic Visit Verification Requirements
Section 12006(a) of the 21st Century Cures Act mandates that states implement EVV for all Medicaid personal care services (PCS) and home health services (HHCS) that require an in-home visit by a provider. 2020 is the deadline for Electronic visit verification (EVV) for personal care services, unless your state has recieved a good faith exemption till 2021. This means that homecare agencies must implement EEV solutions now, or face reductions to federal Medicaid assistance. The deadline for home health services is 2023. Timesheet Mobile’s HIPPA compliant solution meets all EVV requirements:
- the type of service performed;
- the individual receiving the service;
- the date of the service;
- the location of service delivery;
- the individual providing the service; and
- the time the service begins and ends
Exceed 21st Century CURES Act requirements with our all-in-one app
- Easily schedule caregivers for recurring visits based on care plans
- Get instant no show alerts
- Caregivers get instant alerts for schedule changes
- HIPPA Compliant Messaging and Notes ensure quality care and collaboration between caregivers
- Team messaging gives you the ability to send instant updates and reminders to staff
- Automatically translates messages in multiple languages
- Capture patient or responsible person signatures for timesheet approvals
- Ensure compliance and eliminate potential fraud charges
- Improve patient outcomes with electronic care plan checklists
- Collect real time patient clinical information at the point of care
- Support for Sandata’s Real-Time Interface (part of the Open EVV Series of Interface) for receiving information from 3rd party EVV Vendors into the Sandata Aggregator.
- The interface includes clients, employees, visits, and their associated location verification.
Technology spurs change in virtually every industry, and the health care sector is no exception. In fact, patients are witnessing the digital effect from the moment they enter a doctor’s waiting room. The iPad has replaced the clipboard and the laptop has replaced the file folder. That said, bedside manner is perhaps the one thing that cannot be automated. So for health care workers, the shift to electronic health records allows them to spend less time on redundant paperwork and more time caring for patients.
With a record number of job candidates entering this field, the mobile health care sector is booming. From visiting nurses administering hospice care to case workers and post-acute care providers, these dedicated professionals live on the road. Given the nature of their hectic schedules, it’s crucial that the companies hiring these workers having a comprehensive employee time tracking system in place, providing a highly accurate account of on the clock employee hours and locations.
Using any mobile device, health care professionals simply download our timesheet app to view schedules, log in and out of visits, perform tasks and log mileage throughout their day. Caregivers can seamlessly transition from one patient to the next, with our exclusive Punch Prompt alert system reminding them to clock in and out upon arriving and leaving the geofence of a patient’s home.
With Timesheet Mobile, caregivers can use the smartphone app or the IVR telephony to capture client visit data and meet all EVV requirements.